Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First Bicycle Commute

Today marks the first time that I biked to work. It is also the first time that I used public transit for commuting

I planned on parking at the Cumberland Transfer Center at the Cumberland Mall and taking the #50 CCT bus to Powers Ferry Road. I would transfer to the #148 Marta bus which has a stop right by my office. I brought my bike because the two lines don't connect and I have to pedal from Powers Ferry to New Northside Drive which is about 1.1 miles.

I pedaled over to the bus stop at Powers Ferry and New Northside Dr and arrived at about 8:25. I waited until 9:08 and couldn't wait for the bus any longer so I decided to bike the rest of the way to work. It was a little over 5 miles. I think that I could get used to biking to work. I am so alert and full of energy.

Today was a beautiful day and I enjoyed the ride. I dropped my car at the Cumberland Mall, but I may ride from our apartment to the mall in the future. I just wanted to get everything figured out first.

No comments: